brainCloud's social leaderboard feature is very powerful - but it does depend upon the proper configuration and integration of a bunch of separate systems - brainCloud, your app, Facebook, and your users - to ensure that everything works properly.
If you aren't seeing Facebook friends in your leaderboards, here are some things to check:
- The user's involved have a Facebook identity attached. To confirm this, search for the users in User Monitoring, and confirm that each has a Facebook credential showing on the botton of the Monitoring | User Monitoring | User Summary page.
- Confirm that brainCloud is able to access the user's friends. You can do this by going to the Monitoring | User Monitoring | Friends page. Provided that their Facebook token hasn't expired, you should see a list of their friends on this page. If you don't, it's likely that your app isn't asking the user for the proper Facebook permissions.
- Ensure that your app is asking for the "user_friends" permission. This gives brainCloud access to the list of friends of the user who also have your app.
(See the Pro-tip below for additional permissions that we recommend.)
- Ensure that the user actually granted or approved the requested permission! You may want to add code to your app test for this situation.
- Ensure that the friends have posted scores to the leaderboard. Obviously brainCloud can't return them if they haven't posted scores! You can confirm this from the Monitoring | Global Monitoring | Leaderboards page.
Hope that helps - and good luck!
- We recommend that your app also ask for the "public_profile" permission - which gives brainCloud access to the user's profile pic -- always helpful for social leaderboards. You might also ask for the "email" permission - which brainCloud can then make available to your app - but that is up to you.
Your feedback is important to us. Please rate this response below. Thanks!