The Apps page is used to manage your team’s brainCloud applications. Team Admins can advance to the Apps Management page by selecting Team from the Top Menu, then Manage from the Side Menu, and then Apps from the expanded list of options on the Side Menu.
It’s important to understand that Apps in brainCloud are generally in one of two states:
- In Development – in development apps are free in brainCloud, but with limitations(i.e. the maximum of 100 users per day, no real in-app purchases, max 2000 users lifetime)
- Live – live apps have no run-time restrictions and are associated with a brainCloud subscription plan.
Via this page, you can:
- View the current status of your apps
- Disable / Re-Enable – temporarily disable end-users ability to log into your app during a crisis, such as after accidentally going Live with a bad build.
- Go Live – publish your app, associating it with a subscription plan
- Refresh – sync with the billing system to refresh the app’s status
Developers can perform an operation on an app by clicking on the Action drop down button on the right side of the page and choosing the associated menu option.
Important information displayed on this screen:
- # Users – this is the total number of end-user accounts associated with the game. It is refreshed nightly, so you won’t see it update in real-time.
- Publishing – indicates whether your app is Live or not. Live apps show “Live”, with the name of the associated subscription plans. Apps that are still in development display the [Go Live!] button.
- Status – whether the app is Enabled or Not.
- Run Status – the run-time status of your app. Indicates whether brainCloud is doing any special checks (to enforce limitations) as users log in.
For more information on publishing apps, refer to the Publishing Apps page.